5 free useful business tools
We all know it is not simple to find a new job after 50. Maybe it is the right time for a late career change? So if you have an idea, and the vision and drive to start your own business, we gathered some free and useful business tools for you. As always, if you have any further questions just leave a comment and we will try to clear the fog.
- Google Analytics is a tool that can provide detailed information about the number of visitors to your website, their demographics and visitation history.
Easy to install and use. Provides you with important information about the traffic on your site. A step by step guide to Google Analytics setup, is available here.
- LibreOffice is an office suite which provides a free alternative to Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel. It is the only office suite that runs on all platforms including Windows, OS X (Apple devices), and Linux (A free operating system).
Some may find the interface a bit outdated, but the overall feedback on LibreOffice is good. Why pay money for Microsoft Office if there is a free alternative?
- Eventbrite is an online ticketing service where you can plan and promote events of any size. The company does not charge any fees for free events (Only for paid events).
Events are a great way to promote your business and reach new clients.
For more information on how it works check here.
- With MailChimp, sending e-newsletters has never been easier. The program offers pre-designed templates, simple transfer of your contacts and comprehensive reporting. The free option allows you to send up to 12,000 emails per month to a distribution list of up to 2,000 email addresses.
Sending digital newsletters via email is a good way to stay in touch with your customers and keep them engaged with special promotions, new products etc.
- Dropbox is a file hosting service (Or “personal cloud storage”, as the professionals call it) which offers a single secure place for hosting of all your files. File types includes music, documents, videos and images. Once installed any file you save to your Dropbox will be automatically available on all your other devices, including computer and mobile.
Easy access from any device. Simple to share files with others and collaborate on projects. Up to 2 gigabytes (GB) of storage is offered for free.