5 websites for your retirement
Whether you have been waiting for it or amazed it arrived, retirement is not an easy thing to plan. I mean, where do you even start? To give you some ideas, we created a list of websites that could help you make the best out of this time and be prepared for work free days.
- Discover the world & live like a local Isn’t this what you have all been waiting for? The freedom to go anywhere could be a wonderful experience yet an expensive one too. To help you reduce traveling costs we recommend you try “wwoofing“. It means working for 8 hours a day in exchange for free accommodation and food. The type of work is varied and can include: wine making, fruit picking or animal feeding to name a few. There are wwoofing farms around the world; for more info visit here.
- Generating some cash from your hobbie Always get complements on your cooking? EatWith is a platform that allows you to invite strangers for a paid home-made meal. You set the menu and price it yourself. It is a great way to meet new people and earn some money. The service operates in many cities across the world including Melbourne & Sydney. To become a host go to here.
- Financial security Ensuring you are financially prepared for retirement is a concern for many. This website is a wonderful source of information. It includes tips about managing your spending, building your super and controlling your finances. This service is provided by ASIC. In addition to the site there is a free booklet which can guide you through financial planning for retirement (we recommend you check it out as it is easy to read and includes important information).
- Building your good karma Volunteering is a wonderful way to give back and feel good about yourselves. You can use your free time, skills and experience to help others and make a difference. There are many organisations in Australia and overseas that need extra help but can’t afford it. This is also a good way to meet new people, feel valued and just get out of the house… To get started volunteering, visit GoVolunteer.
- Full power learning It is never too late to learn a new language and now it is easier than ever. italki allows you to get language lessons on Skype from experienced teachers across the world. This way you can learn a language without ever leaving the house. There are free and paid options; you can visit their site for more details.