5 free useful mobile apps
An “app” (short for application) is a software program that you can install on your phone. Most mobile operating systems such as Android, iOS, Windows Mobile and Blackberry have dedicated app stores where customers can search and download applications. App prices vary but you can definitely find some great ones for free. Installation of each app will take space on your memory card – you can check the size of the application before you start downloading.
Here are 5 free apps we think you should check out:
- Shazam – Ever hear a song and wish you knew the title? This app can identify songs within seconds. It will also help you buy the track, watch the video or view the lyrics.
- Guardian Eyewitness – The prestigious British newspaper is encouraging the public to upload videos, pictures and stories. They see their readers as contributors and will review their posts and feature the best pieces on the Guardian website.
- Nike Training Club – This an inspiring app that helps you stay fit with over 100 workouts to choose from, including video demos from leading trainers and athletes. You can build a workout program that meets your goals, be guided by an audio trainer, and driven by rewards & bonuses.
- Photoshop Express – A simple photo editing application that offers basic tools such as cropping, rotating and adjusting contrast. There are more advanced editing apps in the market but this one is an easy intro to editing images. Requires SD card.
- iBooks – This app is only for iOS. It allows users to download and read books and magazines on their device. While there are a number of free and interesting publications that are included in this app, access to the majority of content will require additional payment.